The State of Search community is made up of a network of people with a common agenda, cause, and interests, who collaborate by sharing ideas, information, and resources. It is of utmost importance to State of Search that each and every person attending one of our conferences and events has a positive and rewarding experience and to that end, we invite all sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, vendors, and others to help us realize a safe, respectful, and positive experience for everyone.
State of Search has established this Code of Conduct to provide guidelines to participants and to ensure that all participants understand what behavior is expected, and what behavior will not be tolerated at any State of Search event. By attending any State of Search event, you agree voluntarily to abide by our Code of Conduct. This includes conference-related social events at off-site locations, and in related online communities and social media.
State of Search is dedicated to providing a safe, hospitable, productive, and inclusive environment for everyone. We embrace and encourage differences in age, color, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that makes the digital marketing industry unique.
We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Conference participants violating these rules may be expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
We value your attendance, and want to make your experience as productive and professionally stimulating as possible.
State of Search expects that community members will:
- Be considerate and respectful to all community members, valuing a diversity of views and opinions.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior, materials, and speech.
- Speak up if they observe anything at an event that conflicts with this Code of Conduct. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a State of Search volunteer immediately.
- Comply with all rules, policies and procedures of the facilities at which any Event is being held; and
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the state where the Event is being held.
- Turn off any ringers or otherwise disrupting devices during oral or poster sessions.
It is important that our meeting be a place where no participant is ever belittled, criticized or made to feel unsafe. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated and includes, but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech, materials, or conduct by any participants of the event and related event activities.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, religious or other discriminatory jokes, slurs, insults or comments;
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Unwelcome sexual advances, whether verbal or physical;
CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a Participant engages in unacceptable behavior, State of Search may take any action it deems appropriate, including warning or expelling the offender from the event without a refund. For more egregious behavior, State of Search may, in its reasonable discretion, temporarily ban or permanently expel a Participant from future events.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECTED TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a State of Search volunteer or contact the State of Search Chairperson as soon as possible. Volunteers will be available to assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the event. All reports will remain completely confidential. You may also email [email protected] with any concerns